Wednesday 2 June 2010

Richard Photo Lab


I've had a lot of people ask me now that they are shooting film, where they can send it to to get not only reliable results, but the best results. That answer is Richard Photo Lab in Los Angeles. I know what you might be thinking, "are you crazy? I'm not shipping my film in the mail!". Don't fret. It is safe and as long as you have a simple tracking number, it always get there. But more importantly, the results you get back from them are out of this world. Perfect color and no post production. They make shooting film so easy. You shoot, they develop and scan and then you download your scans from their FTP and you are done. The other great thing about them is no matter who you are, they want to start a dialogue with you about dialing in exactly the look you want. They are willing to work with you to get you the images you want and expect. I can not say enough good things about these guys. I'll be posting a wedding very soon I shot out in Montauk NY developed and scanned by them and show you exactly what I am talking about.

Now this recommendation comes from a guy (ME) who has his own set up. I have my own Fuji Frontier scanner and a Noritsu developer with FujiHunt conversion. So, why in the world would I send them weddings if I could do it in house for pennies on the dollar? Free time. Every penny paid to them is worth the time I don't have to spend having the film developed, scanned, sleeved, cleaned for dust, color corrected etc. And in the summer months when wedding season is in full swing, they provide me with something invaluable, time with my family. And folks, I'd pay 4x what I pay to have that. It's that important.

So, if you shoot film, and are serious about having perfect color/density and actually want a life where you are not sitting in front of a computer fixing your images, you have to give Richard Photo Lab a try. Thank me later, seriously.

No comments:

Post a Comment