Tuesday 23 August 2011

Rick Delos Wells' Celebration of Life





































Earlier this month, my son Isaac and I traveled out to Kahuku Hawaii to attend, not a funeral, but a celebration of life for Rick Wells. No funeral, just an open house/pool party with so much food I thought Rick was trying to kill all of us from the grave. Rick was literally a second father to me. I lived with their family when I was a punk kid teenager. They literally changed my life and I owe a lot of who I am today to that man. Rick taught Art at Brigham Young University in Laie Hawaii and influenced me a ton in wanting to teach.

I was really grateful that I could go out there with my son and be with my "family". There is nothing in this world that is more important to me than my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment