Friday 17 December 2010

KODAK Portra 400 - Miami South Beach FL - Pushed to 3200













If you are not a photographer, the following info might be a bit geeky...so get ready.

Back in Nov I traveled out to Miami to hang out with Ozzy and Gennessy to do a 1on2 workshop with them. During my time there, I shot nothing but the new Kodak Portra 400. And I pushed a couple rolls to 3200, which means I rated it as if it was 3200 iso, and pushed it 3 stops in the developing (to compensate for underexposing 3 stops). I sent the film off to Richard Photo Lab in LA and the results are nothing short of astonishing.

THERE IS NO GRAIN TO THIS FILM, NONE. At 3200 that is UNHEARD of. This changes EVERYTHING about shooting color film, EVERYTHING. Another great thing about this film is that you don't need to overexpose as much like you would with other color neg films. If you overexpose too much, it goes super yellow.

This film uses Vision 3 technology (motion picture film) and you can actually underexpose this film up to 2 stops. This is UNHEARD of in any color neg film out there today. Hello low light situations!

It is also available in 220 as well, making it one of the last color neg films available in 220 format.

I have liquidated all other color neg film and this is now my film of choice. It is the answer to all your needs for color neg and the results are nothing short of outstanding.

More posts coming next week. For now, enjoy.

Want a print for your walls? You can view more images and order prints HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment