Friday 9 July 2010

FUJI GW690III - Provo, UT




Ok, so, if you read this blog, you know I've been shooting a TON on my FUJI GF670. It is a medium format film range finder camera that shoots in 6x6 (square) and 6x7 (rectangle) formats. I fell in love with this camera. LOVE. So, when the opportunity came up to purchase a FUJI GW690III I jumped on it. This is like the GF670, as it takes medium format film and is a rangefinder camera. The main difference is, that it does not fold up like the GF670 does. It has a fixed 90mm lens on it and the format is 6x9, which is basically the same aspect ratio as a DSLR (4x6) but the negs are HUGE. How big is that? The negs are twice the size of my Contax negatives which are 6x4.5. Anyway, these 2 shots were on the first roll of film I took with it. Shot on FUJI Neopan 400CN (available only in the UK).

The first house, that photo does it no justice. It was super modern and I wish I had shot it in color as it was amazing. And that second house? Well, I have no words. They have a larger than life size Jesus statue in their front yard. That is all that needs to be said. And a fun fact, the wedding photographer I hired for our wedding (no link as he no longer shoots weddings, but makes sushi) USED to have a studio space in that second house. Obviously, he is now gone, and apparently has been replaced with a larger than life statue of Jesus.

Want a print for your walls? You can view more images and order prints online HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment