Monday 5 April 2010

Remember how yesterday was Easter?


{music by Micah Dahl}

Do yourself a favor and click on the video that will take you to the youtube page and then watch it in 720p.

She can describe this way more eloquently than I ever could.

This was the hardest thing I've ever photographed. How do you approach photographing death? How can you even consider what your photos will say? At one point I thought I was dry. I had cried all I could cry. Then Richie gave a speech/talk during the funeral ceremony and it was niagra all over again. I am telling you this right now, if I when I grow up can be 1/1000000 of what Richie is as a Dad and husband, I win forever. He is amazing.

I did everything I could to stay true to what was really happening. Yes, it was EXCRUCIATINGLY painful at time. But this day was a whirlwind of emotions. We would be crying, then laughing, then somber, then crying and then laughing all over again.

Easter means a lot to me as a person. It is hope, it is the resurrection, it is life, it is a renewal, and to me, it is everything this shoot emulates and was about, the knowledge that families are forever.

I can't thank Natalie and all of her family enough for sharing this intimate experience.

I'm going to stop writing/talking now as I am WAY better at telling the story through images, than words.

Happy Belated Easter everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment